I did it. I completed a 40 day egg challenge with a few bad days in between, but I did do it and I have returned with my input, experience and recommendations.
4o days is an insanely long time.
My recommendation ? Don’t do it. It is not worth it. I believe that ten days is enough to get you started and then repeat once in a while every month or so, but forty days straight and you will find yourselves hating eggs and reaching a weight loss plateau.
It is not an easy diet and the only reason I was able to complete it, is because I was away from temptations and I live on my own which makes things a lot easier.
Now keep in mind that even though I know you guys love numbers, I do not own a scale, and therefore I don’t know how much weight I have lost.
I have however converted to the keto diet which I have been on for about a month and a half and have dropped a size already so I suppose it is safe to say, that it is working.
More on that in a different post though.
- Do the egg diet for 10 days and see how your body responds.
- Although I never felt hungry, I was shielded from temptations and did not have to drool over the food others where eating, so it helped.
- It does work. It will work for you too, but don’t expect to lose a great lot if you only weigh half of what I do. The more you have to lose, the more you will lose.
- If you are unsure about how eggs will affect you, then this diet is not for you. I would rather recommend keto. It is one of the best things I’ve done and I will talk more about it in future posts.
- Don’t do the diet for more than ten days. I found that I barely lost anything after that time and my egg consumption days were a waste of time.
I hope I have helped you come to a decision. It is a great kick start to your weight loss, it deserves the thumbs up for this reason, but a more balanced diet is definitely the safest and most appropriate way to continue.
Feel free to ask any questions!